Monday, May 18, 2009

Steven Whetstone

I would like to introduce you to a wonderful new artist. His name is Steven Whetstone. Kaye and I first discovered Steven when we were in Beaufort for dinner at the Saltus River Grill when we saw this wonderful painting in the I Pinkney Simmons Gallery window. This work is 40 x 40 and now proudly hangs in our entry level hallway. Steven lives in Columbia, SC where he graduated from the Unversity of South Carolina.

Last week Steven let us know that he was going to be in Beaufort to deliver several new works to the I Pinkney Simmons Gallery and asked if we would like to have lunch. As one of his biggest fans and his largest collector in the low country we jumped at the opportunity. We went to Wren for lunch where we learned more about Steven, his journey as an artist and his family. He has a very promising future as an artist.
Check out his work at:
and our friends at I Pinkney Simmons Gallery

No comments: